close
close

Latest Post

Springfield man pleads guilty to distributing child sexual abuse material Norwalk Police Remind Residents Not to Use Golf Carts on Public Roads

Donald Trump’s campaign team complains about the debate commission’s “unacceptable” decision to stick to its schedule – instead of adapting its plans to the whims of the former commander in chief.

The Commission on Presidential Debates has been regulating disputes during presidential debates for decades.

This time, the first debate is scheduled for September 16 at Texas State University in San Marcos, and a vice presidential debate is scheduled for September 25 at Lafayette College in Easton, Pennsylvania. Two more presidential debates are scheduled the following month in Virginia and Utah.

The commission released its schedule in late November, nearly a year before the 2024 election, and rejected calls from the Trump campaign to move the debates to earlier in the year.

“The CPD criteria … will be applied in early September, after which the Commission will send invitations to debates to qualified candidates,” the Commission told Fox News Digital on Tuesday.

“The CPD will continue production and broadcast plans at its four debate sites, as also announced on 20 November 2023.”

Chris LaCivita and Susie Wiles, senior Trump campaign officials, complained about the CPD’s plans, particularly criticizing the fact that the commission refused to change the schedule at their request.

“The Commission’s schedule for presidential debates will not begin until millions of Americans have already cast their votes,” the statement said.

“This is unacceptable, and by refusing to move up the debates, they are doing the American public a disservice. They have a right to hear the views of both candidates before voting begins.”

The statement continued: “President Trump has said he will debate Joe Biden anytime, anywhere, and Joe Biden himself has just agreed to a debate. We are committed to making this happen with or without the Presidential Debate Commission.”

“We invite all television networks in America that would like to host a debate, and we again call on Joe Biden’s team to work with us to organize such a debate as soon as possible. The American people deserve it.”

The Republican National Committee (RNC) is urging its allies to push for debates between Trump and President Joe Biden.

Former U.S. President Donald Trump leaves the courtroom to speak to the press during a recess in his trial at Manhattan Criminal Court on April 30, 2024 (POOL/AFP via Getty Images)Former U.S. President Donald Trump leaves the courtroom to speak to the press during a recess in his trial at Manhattan Criminal Court on April 30, 2024 (POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

Former U.S. President Donald Trump leaves the courtroom to speak to the press during a recess in his trial at Manhattan Criminal Court on April 30, 2024 (POOL/AFP via Getty Images)

In recent months, the president has been vague about whether or not he would debate Trump, saying it would depend on the former president’s “behavior.”

But in an interview with radio host Howard Stern last week, Mr Biden said he would be “happy” to debate his Republican rival.

Mr. Trump immediately responded on Truth Social, challenging the president to meet him outside of his hush money trial and debate him on the steps of the Manhattan courthouse.

“Everyone knows he doesn’t really mean it, but if he does, I say ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, an old phrase used by fighters,” Mr Trump wrote.

When Biden did not immediately accept the challenge, Trump invited himself to the White House to debate the president.

The commission hosted and organized the debates for over 30 years, but two years ago the RNC decided to end its cooperation with the commission because it was allegedly biased against Republican candidates.