close
close

Latest Post

Sandy Alcantara’s stunning fashion photoshoot… Author reports on kayak tour on the Columbia River

The former head of the Pentagon has sued the Department of Defense, accusing the government of blocking the publication of a new book that exposes the “turbulent” consequences of Donald Trump’s presidency.

Mark Esper has filed a lawsuit against his former employer for allegedly blocking the publication of large parts of his upcoming memoirs. A sacred oath.

Mr Esper filed the lawsuit this week after his direct appeals to current Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin failed to stop the Pentagon from blocking the content.

“Some asked me not to quote former President Trump and others in meetings, not to describe conversations between the former President and me, and not to use certain verbs or nouns when describing historical events,” Mr. Esper wrote, according to the court filing, which the The Independent.

“If I were to eliminate or change all of the items currently required by the (defense) review, it would not only far exceed the purpose of the process, but it would also be a serious injustice to important moments in history that the American people need to know and understand,” he added.

The book, scheduled for publication in May of next year, covers Esper’s time as Secretary of the Army in 2017 until his firing as Secretary of Defense in the days following the 2020 presidential election via tweet.

In a statement, Esper said there was no “full and unvarnished accounting” of that period and that the current Pentagon leadership had arbitrarily and without cause violated his First Amendment rights.

“My memories – A sacred oath – provides important details and new insights into many of the most controversial events that unfolded during the turbulent second half of the Trump administration,” he said.

Pentagon chief spokesman John F. Kirby said the agency was aware of Mr. Esper’s concerns but declined to comment on the matter, which is pending litigation.

“As with all such reviews, the Department takes seriously its obligation to balance national security with an author’s narrative desire,” said Mr Kirby The New York Times, which was the first to report on the lawsuit on Sunday.

According to the lawsuit, many of the redacted items included material that was already well known, including some that had been released by the Defense Department itself.

Read more

Austin orders new investigation into deadly 2019 Syria airstrike

Austin rejects Oklahoma’s request for exemption from vaccination requirement

Pentagon: Little change in US military footprint abroad